Leaders get the organizations they deserve.
Effective leadership begins on the inside, and enduring leadership grows out of the leader's relationship with Christ.
The Business of Faith brings to life timeless, practical biblical truths that every good leader must learn:
- True leadership begins with self-leadership.
- Effective conflict resolution transforms the workplace.
- Fear limits our impact, while God's perfect love casts out fear.
- Highly functional relationships at work change the culture.
- Leaders who fight for unity produce enormous positive momentum.
- Generous leaders are rare, refreshing, and deliver excellent ROI.
- The ultimate benefit of generosity and mentorship is a culture of discipleship.
Healthy leaders and organizations consistently demonstrate these behaviors. This type of biblical leadership is not easy. God's ways are not easy. But a faithful and abiding relationship with Christ is the key that unlocks the door to this kind of leadership. God enables and empowers personal transformation. Why? Because God wants your work to be His work.
Biblical leaders have two goals.
The first is to lead your organization well today. God has given you stewardship responsibility for the sake of others. The way you choose to live and lead will make a tangible difference in many lives, including the lives of people you don't even know. That is a high calling.
The second goal is eternal, and it is directly related to your goal today. Everything you do at work has an eternal consequence. Jesus will dismiss the work that didn't matter. Everything we did with selfish motives will be discarded. However, all that we do for the glory of God and the benefit of others will last into eternity.
God is the one calling you to be the greatest leader you can be. Don't miss out on the chance to participate in the work He has already prepared in advance for you to do. And you know that if God calls you, He will equip you.
Leadership is both a privilege and a burden. God can and will change you if you let Him. And leaders changed by God change the world.